Tuesday 22 September 2009

6 years Ago

It was 6 years ago this week that I took ill. 6 years of not being able to work and feel degraded. But as a person with a disability I just have to get on with it. It gets frustrating at times when I know that I have nothing to aim for. I have had insults about it some of them hurt but you learn to build up a hard shell around it.
Because I cannot work I try and do volunteer work. But is that really enough in most peoples eyes. When I first took ill they only gave me a short time to live. I'm obviously still here. I would like to do something to make a difference but I'm limited to what I can do. If one person is educated in brain injuries and learns how to treat people with disabilities then I would be happy.
If people ask me questions about living with a brain injury then I would answer them. People shouldn't feel the need to be afraid. You could be living near someone with a disability and not know. A person may not have obvious signs of a disability so you should treat everyone the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment