Sunday 16 August 2009

My Life

6 years ago I was still working around 50 hours a week. Then on 23 September 2003 my life changed for ever.
I went to the restaurant I had worked at until the week before I was transfered. My friend balinda noticed that I was looking ill. She told me to go the to toilet as I looked like I was going to throw up. I didn't throw up I collapsed on the floor.
I was rushed to the Leicester Royal Infirmary for emergency surgery. Whilst there my manager at the time Katrina came to visit. She has told me since that I told her I wouldn't be in work the next day.
I was air lifted to the Nottingham Queens Medical Centre. In the air ambulance I died twice and was revived. Whilst there they did further operations and fitted a shunt from my brain to my stomach. This helps the fluid flow from the brain to my stomach.
They also did further brain scans and found 2 further tumours. I had to learn to talk again properly and how to do the basic thing of walking.
My life has now changed completely. Ive slowed down completely. Some days I get depressed because I cannot do things I used to be able to do. I was more active than I am now and have put on about 2 stone in weight.
I can never work again. This saddens me because I feel that I cant contribute any thing to society. People expect me to just sit at home all day because I'm disabled, I cant do that. Even disabled people deserve to be happy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment