Saturday 15 August 2009

Humanity

Disabled people have no rights. Disabled people are not allowed to be happy, Disabled people are all just lazy and could work if they wanted too.
These are some of the comments I have had when I explained i am disabled. We are all human. Just because a person has difficulties doing things doesn't make them any less off a person.
I have had the attitude "you can sit on your backside all day you can get a job with computers".
I sit down most of the day because it makes me ill to stand for a long time. I find myself getting tired sometimes after being awake for a couple of hours. Society would rather I worked then made my self ill. Surely this would cost the UK government more?
The disabled are people as well if you cut us do we not bleed? Just because a person faces different challenges in life to survive doesn't make them less human..
I'm a 30 year old man who can never work again It already frustrates me as when friends phone me up to invite me out, I cannot afford to go. I'm losing more friends by the day. I asked my doctor to help me with my benefit situation, he had the attitude cut down on drinking beer then. I wish I could afford to drink beer it might take some of the monotony of life away
Everybody has the right to be treated with respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment